The Curtis International Trade group provides clients with practical solutions to the global trade, international investment, market access and export control issues that have become increasingly critical to business operations. Our clients include government entities as well as domestic and international companies in an array of industries.
Our international trade lawyers have decades of experience handling all aspects of international trade law. We have represented both exporters and importers in some of the most significant international trade disputes of the past few decades. Our team is highly respected by clients and our peers, receiving consistent recognition as a leading international trade practice in Chambers Global, Chambers USA, and Legal 500.
Our international trade practice group offers clients the full range of international trade services, including all aspects of the myriad laws governing the cross-border shipment of goods and services. This expertise includes:
- Trade remedy litigation for import transactions, including antidumping and countervailing duty investigations, global and country specific safeguards;
- WTO litigation before panels and the Appellate Body, and advice about obligations under WTO agreements affecting goods and services;
- Regulatory advice for both import and export transactions, including customs regulations on valuation and classification, and export controls on certain products and technologies;
- Oversight of foreign investment, including proceedings before CFIUS and more general advice on legal restrictions on investment and associated import transactions; and
- Strategic advice on multilateral and bilateral trade negotiations, including the ongoing Doha Round negotiations, the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) negotiations, as well as various bilateral free trade agreements.