News 24 Jun. 2021
Curtis successfully defends foreign states' procedural privileges in the UK Supreme Court
News 23 Jun. 2021
Ibrahim Elsadig joins Curtis as Partner in Dubai
News 09 Aug. 2021
Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle enters into association with Chevalier Law in Singapore.
Event 23 Apr. 2021
Partner Borzu Sabahi to speak on Damages, Enforcement and Annulment of Arbitral Awards at Executive Training Program hosted by the Government of India and the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
Client Alert 18 Oct. 2021
Senior Associate Martin Wolff Discusses Practical Questions with Regard to the German Implementation of the EU Directive on Cross-Border Tax Arrangements (DAC6) in Institutional Money
News 18 Oct. 2021
Jan Krupski Joins Curtis as a Partner in Frankfurt
News 15 Oct. 2021
Claudia Frutos-Peterson and Elisa Botero Ranked Among the Top 100 Female Lawyers in Latin America by Latinvex
News 13 Oct. 2021
Curtis Joins The Appellate Project to Promote Appellate Practice to Diverse Law Students
Client Alert 15 Oct. 2021
Recent change in Dubai’s Arbitration Landscape.
News 20 Sep. 2021
Curtis Successfully Defends the Sultanate of Oman and Oman Aluminium Rolling Company LLC in U.S. Department of Commerce Trade Case
Client Alert 05 Oct. 2021
Proposed Legislative Changes to Federal Estate, Gift and Trust Taxation
Publications 22 Sep. 2021
Client Alert 24 Jun. 2021
U.S. Insight: Update on Virtual Notarization (Executive Order 202.7) During the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Pandemic (Updated: June 24, 2021)
U.S. Insight: Update on Virtual Witnessing (New York Executive Order 202.14) During The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Pandemic (Updated: June 24, 2021)
News 12 Jun. 2009
NEW YORK, June 12, 2009 — International law firm Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP represented KazMunayGas (KMG), the national oil company of Kazakhstan, in successful negotiations with ConocoPhillips and Mubadala Development Company PJSC for the joint exploration and development of an offshore block. The agreement, which was signed yesterday in Astana, calls for KMG to hold a 51% interest in the subsoil use contract and the remaining 49% to be divided between Conoco and Mubadala, which will each hold 24.5% stakes. A Kazakhstani entity, jointly owned by the three parties in proportion to their stakes, will operate the project.
Located in the Caspian Sea, the N Block project is considered the largest new project of its kind in Kazakhstan. The block covers approximately 8,100 square km and is located south-southwest of Aktau, Kazakhstan.
Curtis used an international team of attorneys from several of its offices. The Curtis team consisted of partners George Kahale III (New York), Eric Gilioli (New York), Peter Stewart (Dubai), Askar Moukhitdinov (Kazakhstan), Tom Mackay (London), and associates Askhad Koshkarbayev (Kazakhstan), Donald Macfarlane (London), Colby Jenkins (Paris), M. Adil Qureshi (Dubai) and Karen Brice (New York).
Eric L. Gilioli
George Kahale III
Askar N. Moukhitdinov
+7 727 311 1187
+7 7172 550 150
News 16 Aug. 2021
Curtis Establishes Presence in Saudi Arabia
News 27 Jul. 2021
Curtis Provides Pro Bono Support For Development of Model Laws to Address Climate Change