Event 14 Oct. 2022
Curtis Provides Capacity Training to the Government of Uganda
Event 21 Sep. 2022
Kalidou Gadio Speaks at AIEN 2022 International Energy Summit
Event 06 Jun. 2023
Partner Borzu Sabahi Speaks on Panel in Tashkent Law Spring International Legal Forum in the Republic of Uzbekistan
News 15 May. 2023
Curtis represents e-commerce retailer in its fight to recover monies withheld by PayPal, the global payment giant
Event 08 May. 2023
Partner Irene Petrelli to Participate in ICC YAAF Event
News 02 May. 2023
Curtis Italy with DeA Capital in the Acquisition of Magic S.r.l
Event 23 May. 2023
Partners Luciana Ricart and Fernando Tupa Will Teach a Workshop on Hearings in Investment Arbitration for Arbanza School of Arbitration’s Online Program
Publications 23 Feb. 2023
Fernando Tupa Publishes Book on Forum-Specific Consent to International Arbitration in Investment Agreements
Event 03 May. 2023
Dr. Borzu Sabahi to Speak at ICSID-ADGM Joint Conference: Investment Protection and Armed Conflict
Event 19 Mar. 2023
Sebastiano Nessi speaks at Bahrain Business and Legal Landscape Conference
Event 01 Jun. 2023
Curtis Environmental Chair Charles Howland to Moderate Panel Discussion on Latest Developments in Environmental Due Diligence at ABA Masterclass on Environmental Transactions
News 25 May. 2023
Curtis Files SCOTUS Amicus Brief for Distinguished Law Professors in First Amendment Retaliatory Arrest Case
News 06 Mar. 2023
Russia Sanctions at the First Anniversary: An Overview of Current Sanctions in the US, UK, and EU and How Global Companies Can Navigate Evolving and Conflicting Sanctions Regimes
Client Alert 30 Aug. 2022
The EU Adopts the “Maintenance and Alignment” Sanctions Package
Client Alert 24 Jun. 2021
Update on Virtual Notarization (Executive Order 202.7) During the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Pandemic (Updated: June 24, 2021) — U.S. Insight
Update on Virtual Witnessing (New York Executive Order 202.14) During The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Pandemic (Updated: June 24, 2021) — U.S. Insight
News 05 Jun. 2014
Paris, June 5, 2014 - Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP advised the managers and employees of La Redoute and Relais Colis in the largest management and employee-led sponsorless buy-out completed in France to date.
Kering, a world leader in luxury apparel and accessories, sold La Redoute, its mail order subsidiary, and Relais Colis, its delivery service, to their two managers, Nathalie Balla and Eric Courteille, in a management buyout (MBO). The agreement also grants a large equity stake to employees.
Ms. Balla, chairman and CEO of La Redoute, and Mr. Courteille, chief administrative officer of Redcats, the parent company of La Redoute, will own 51% of the new company as co-chairs. The remaining 49% will be held by the employees.
Kering announced the closure of the sale on June 2 in accordance with the conditions specified in the sale agreement that was reached after Kering entered into exclusive negotiations for a management buy-out last December. La Redoute is the largest mail order company in France. Redcats is the world's 3rd largest home shopping organization.
Curtis advised Ms. Balla and Mr. Courteille and all participating employees with a team led by partners Henri Pieyre de Mandiargues and Carole Degonse and associates Félix Huon and Marie-Muriel Barthelet.
Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP is a leading international law firm providing a broad range of services to clients around the world. Curtis has 16 offices in the United States, Europe, the Middle East and Central Asia. The firm's international orientation has been a hallmark of its practice for nearly two centuries. For more information about Curtis, please visit www.curtis.com or follow Curtis on Twitter (twitter.com/curtislawfirm) and Facebook (Facebook.com/Curtis.Careers).
The Curtis Paris office was founded in 1973 and offers some two dozen attorneys counseling clients in areas such as mergers and acquisitions, private equity, banking and finance, tax, litigation and international arbitration. Curtis advises listed and privately-held mid-cap companies and investment funds on the full range of corporate activities, including LBOs, IPOs, venture capital transactions and management incentive packages.